Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Up Your Twitter Game

We are less than one month away from our February institute day! One of the ways to share what you learn that day or show appreciation for the presenters is to send out a Tweet on Twitter using #CSDFebInst. Live Tweeting at conferences and other professional development events is a great way to share what you've learned, show your enthusiasm, and provide feedback to presenters.

Maybe you're not on Twitter, or perhaps your Twitter game is lacking. No worries -- it is very simple to ease yourself in to Twitter. In the past, I've shared with you a 10 Day Twitter Challenge. I pose this same challenge to you today. If you're not on Twitter or don't use it terribly often, this challenge will be a great way to get you used to using Twitter in a professional way, and then you'll be prepared to Tweet up a storm when the institute day comes!

If you're already on Twitter, I have an idea for you, too! Check out Tweet Deck! This is a great way to get the most out of Twitter with minimal effort! You can see your news feed and notifications all on one screen -- all while monitoring a particular Twitter account or follow all the Tweets with a particular hashtag. I started using Tweet Deck this year, and it has really improved the way I use Twitter to learn what's happening in the education world! If you log in to Tweet Deck today and set it up to follow the hashtags #ChannahonPride and #CSDFebInst, you won't miss out on any of the great information about our school district and our institute day!

Unsure how to get started with Twitter or Tweet Deck? Get in touch with me and I will gladly help you get set up!

Addendum: after I wrote this post, I hopped on Tweet Deck for a bit and one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter, @cybraryman1, sent out this link to his page all about Tweet Deck, so check this out for more information and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment