Wednesday, December 6, 2017

You Need Some Stinkin' Badges!

It's hard to believe that teachers could be so excited about -- of all things! -- stickers, but here we are! My sticker mania started at my first EdTech Team conference in January 2016. While there, I saw all sorts of other teachers with stickers all over their Chromebooks and I wanted some, too. Then I learned that some of their stickers were freebies (like the adorable pears you can get from visiting the Peardeck booth or attending a Peardeck session) but some stickers were EARNED by completing a task or challenge or accomplishing a goal. This is what inspired me to work with our esteemed Director of 21st Century to develop some badges for our teachers to get for themselves by tackling all the new things that came with Chromebooks and "going Google".

I knew the stickers were a hot when some teachers had to relinquish their machines last year, thus losing their stickers. Mayhem ensued! I asked those teachers to let me know which badges they lost and I would send them replacements. It was tons of fun feeling the positive energy last year when teachers get new badges to proudly display. And I'm guessing that there are teachers who need some badges but don't have them.

So this week's post is a reminder to keep on doing all you can to master the G Suite for Education tools, finding ways to incorporate them into your classroom to improve teaching and learning, to keep finding ways to give your students creative, innovative learning experiences, to keep sharing the learning that is happening in your classroom, and to keep growing from the stumbles you make along the way rather than let them stop you from trying anything new.

And get some badges in recognition for the innovation that is taking place!

Want to know what badges are available for you? Check them out here!

And now that you know what's available, start to work toward those badges -- move your way through SAMR, incorporate those 4 C's, and proudly display the rewards for all your efforts! Fill out the form below to apply for a badge!

No comments:

Post a Comment