Wednesday, March 7, 2018

#ICE18 Recap

Last week, I attended the ICE Conference, a large, 3 day conference focusing on educational technology and 21st century learning. It's an exhausting 3 days but I always come away with some interesting new things. I'd like to share them with you now, and maybe there might be something I can share with you directly!
  • Blogging: got some great ideas on how to continue with blogging. Obviously, I have this one, but I actually have 2 others I keep as well. I've got some ideas I can share with you if you're interested in starting your own blog professionally, or of you're thinking it might be good to use for parents or your students, or even if you want to start using blogging in your classroom with your students.
  • Ed tech tools: I attended 2 different sessions that highlighted lots of different ed tech tools, including some specifically designed for giving quick and easy feedback. Want to hear about them? Let me know and I'll come show you all the cool things I learned and maybe some of them will work in your class.
  • What's new at Google: I learned some new things about Google Classroom and about using Jamboard -- a cool, interactive, collaborative whiteboard app. We can get together to find ways to use Jamboard in your class.
  • Makerspaces: Want to incorporate aspects of the maker movement into your class? I've got ideas!
  • Get published: I attended a really inspirational session on how to write a book. Have you ever thought of doing that? I'd love to share what I learned. Or maybe we can collaborate on a book together!
  • Digital footprint: I got some interesting new resources for teaching technology safety. Looking to add some lessons in your class? I can show you what I've got! (For example, I saw the video below -- what an eye-opener for what can happen if someone uses location services and social media -- look how easy it is for someone to find you and get information about you -- guaranteed to make you freak out a little!)

No comments:

Post a Comment