Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Cool Tool Alert -- Wakelet

 I have heard for quite a while about Wakelet. I see people Tweeting about it. I hear them mention it at conferences. But I never knew what it was. I finally decided to check it out and see why it was so popular.

Boy, am I glad I did that!

Wakelet allows you to create collections for FREE. Essentially you give your collection a title, and then you can add anything with a link -- websites, YouTube videos, files from Google Drive, images, PDFs, Tweets. Once you have a collection created, you can share it, yes, even with your students!

Here's a really great video that shows how to create a collection:


How can you use this? well, you can create a collection of resources to be shared with your subject area/grade level team, or even your students! You can even just create a collection for yourself so you have a pool of items to choose from whenever you are teaching a particular unit. You could also invite students to contribute to a collection so that you can crowd source items for kids to use to complete a project or review for an assessment. Maybe kids can create collections that they can use as a sort of idea file for a class.

Wakelet is a great tool to manage different types of online resources, keep resources organized, and encourage collaboration.

Do you have an idea for how to use Wakelet? Drop it in the comments here, and I will send you a Google sticker as my way of saying thank you for joining the discussion!

4 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of resources for many topics. Perhaps I will look into this and create Wakelets on Ancient Greece, the Holocaust, or figurative language to provide my students with a wealth of resources! Thanks Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a great way to officially organize all my activities and materials for each category to share with my students- social skills, coping skills, calm videos/visuals/audio, organizational tips, conflict resolution, assertive training, perspective taking & mental health tips & resources for parents & educators. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete