Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Cool Tool Alert -- Curipod

 I have been hearing some buzz about an online application called Curipod, so I decided to check it out today. I heard it was kind of like Nearpod AND that is uses AI, so I was naturally intrigued. And after trying it out for just a small amount of time, I think it looks REALLY COOL!

In a nutshell, Curipod lets you put in a topic or subject area and a grade level and it will generate an interactive lesson for you (looks very similar to Nearpod lessons). It's editable, so if there are things in the lesson you want to change, you can do that! After all, that's one of the most important things to remember about using anything generated by AI -- you need to check it out thoroughly to make sure it's accurate and doing what you need it to do! It's just a tool -- YOU'RE the expert!

You can also put in a topic, have kids write a response, and let Curipod give AI generated feedback. My experiment with this aspect of Curipod is that the feedback can be great or nor so great, depending on what you're really looking for in a student writing sample. But again, this is a known limitation of AI generated content, so while you could try this out with your students, you may need to add your own feedback to supplement the AI created feedback!

As a quick side note, kids do NOT have to use their own name to join a Curipod lesson, but they can -- it IS SOPPA compliant, and we DO have an agreement in place! Oh, and it's FREE!!!!! Yes, it has a paid version, but from what I can tell, the free version will do plenty -- no need to pay!

Check out the video below of me doing a demo of Curipod for you. It's rough because I was literally doing it on the fly, but I also wanted to show you just how easy it is to use!

Intrigued? I'd LOVE to come help you use Curipod and even sit in on your class when you use it!

This is a great way to dip your teacher toe into the AI world and see how it can work for YOU!



1 comment: