Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Beauty of a Chromebook

When I think about some of the stumbling blocks that teachers and students have when it comes to using computers for productivity, here are some of the most common questions/issues/complaints:

Can I email this to myself?
I don't have a flash drive.
I can access my work/school files at home because they're on the server.
I have files saved all over the place.
I can't remember all the logins for my accounts.
My computer needs to be updated.
I think I picked up a virus on my computer.
My laptop died and I lost all my files because I didn't back it up!

A Google account used on a Chromebook can address these issues with ease. Chromebooks look like laptops but they're not laptops -- they're Google, they're the internet -- and they're really easy to use!

Check out this video that I originally posted in my Google Classroom that gives a nice overview of Chromebooks. Then be sure to get your kids using them if you haven't yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment