Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Organize Your Ideas with Google Keep and Google Docs

Google Keep is a great little application that works like virtual sticky notes. They are great for creating to-do lists, reminders, or even for organizing research notes or sources. They are shareable AND you can add collaborators! You can use Google Keep on a computer or on a smart phone. One example of how I use Google Keep (thanks to Erin Bettenhausen for this idea!) is for my grocery list. I have it on my phone and my husband is a collaborator on the list. Whenever we need something from the store, one of us opens up the Google Keep grocery list and adds the item.

Something else you can do that has great potential for your classroom is to add information from Google Keep notes to a Google Doc. You can find resources for research or even take notes using Google Keep then easily assemble them all into one document! Want to see how? check out this quick video I made demonstrating it!

If you're looking for ways to use Google Keep in your classroom either with your students or as an organizational tool for yourself, let me know! I can help with that!



2 comments:

  1. Another thought I have on Google Keep is to break down a major project into manageable steps/parts for a student who may easily be overwhelmed. As they accomplish each small step of the major project they can check them off and see what is left to do to help them manage their time. I wish we could "assign a copy to each student" of a Google Keep project to-do list on Google Classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Google Keep!!!! AND WOW--we can add them to a doc!!!! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete